Jet Profiler for MySQL - 50% discount
Jet Profiler for MySQL will be featured on BitsDuJour, a 'deal-of-the-day' website that offers extensive, one-time discounts on a variety of great products.
Jet Profiler for MySQL will be featured at BitsDuJour on Friday, 26 October, at the dramatically reduced price of $249.50 (50% discount).
The normal purchase price for Jet Profiler for MySQL is $499.00!
Visit the promotion page on BitsDuJour on Friday 26 October to get Jet Profiler for MySQL for $249.50.
The program is designed primarily for the administrators who work with the MySQL server; with its help you can quickly find the more often used database tables, to detect which queries load the system the most, to observe which users or which IP addresses (client hosts) are the source of large queries number and accordingly load the server strongly.
Also it is possible to track many other interesting settings and server statuses.
The developers of databases or client applications can use Jet Profiler for the queries analysis and database operation (tables, schemas), also there is a possibility of getting information about MyISAM and InnoDb engine statuses, creation and using temporary tables and so on.
How Jet Profiler works.
The program connects to the specified My SQL server and with the fixed time period (100ms-10s) reads the needed information from the server.
The received data is analyzed, displayed and saved to a file. MySQL server doesn’t give one common mechanism or the information source for the server profiling; but there are many different queries which could provide useful information, but it is not easy to collect all into a unit. Actually Jet Profiler implements it and could do it instead of you – would get and analyze the data, group them if it is needed and would provide the result in an approachable form.
The Jet profiler queries also have some overheads to the server operation, but in fact the overheads are low – about 1% for 1 second data update period; by the way this information can also be seen in the diagram report ('Cost' preset button).
Graphic interface of the Jet Profiler application is easy and friendly. On the control panel there are buttons for the server and application settings, start/stop buttons for recording data from the server (connection and disconnection of the data collecting) and buttons to work with diagrams and graphics. In the upper part there are a variety of graphics and buttons for choosing them - Threads, Tables, Schemas, Users, Questions, Com, Locks, Net/IO, Innodb disk, Handler read, Handler write, Master, Slave, Cost, etc.
The bottom part contains tabs with the Top Lists of the different information received from the server, for example, the most frequently opened tables, the most active users and so on.
Some tabs have additional capabilities and settings, particularly the Top Queries tab would display not only the most frequently queries sent to the server, but would allow execute the EXPLAIN command for the selected query.
In addition, the program maintains several languages, there are versions for Windows, Mac, Linux.
The feature list Jet Profiler for MySQL (data from official site).
- Top Queries - See which queries are being run the most on your server.
- Top Users - See which users are using your server the most.
- Top Tables - See which database tables are opened the most.
- Top States - See which states your database is most busy doing, such as creating temp tables.
- Top IPs - See which client IPs are using your server the most.
- Replication Profiling - You can measure how much capacity you have left on the replication SQL thread on slaves. If you are using MyISAM a lot, a lock analysis will help discover any locks associated with replication.
- Master and Slave statistics - See how many threads are working on your masters and slaves. Find I/O or SQL bottlenecks.
- MyISAM Lock Analysis - You can view which queries cause the most amount of MyISAM locking. This can be used to minimize replication lag and lock contention on busy tables.
- Query Ratings - You can get your queries rated and see which queries are most likely to cause load due to missing indices, big tables and more.
- Query Visualization - The query execution plan can be visualized using EXPLAIN. A diagram shows the table lookups involved, the rating and join size.
- Slow Queries - See the slowest queries per time interval.
- Zoomable GUI - You can easily zoom in on spikes in your load and see the corresponding queries for that time interval.
- General Server Metrics - Such as threads connected, network I/O, command statistics, handler statistics and more. 50+ metrics are recorded from the server.
- Save / Load Support - Save profiling data for later use, compare week to week or normal load vs high load situations.
- Low Overhead - Running the tool against your database typically costs around 1%. Recording granularity customizable.
- Supports all MySQL Versions - Works on 3.x (!), 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1 and 6.0, Enterprise and Community editions.
- Works on Windows, Mac and Linux
- No Server Changes
- Simple Setup
- Free / Professional Version - The free version doesn't cost anything and isn't time limited. Upgrade to the professional version to get all features.
- Multi-language support - available in English, German and Swedish.
overview jet profiler taken from buysql.com