Changes (as compared to 8.3) include:
* Dumps created with ’scheduled backup’ can now be zipped. Note: there is one limitation with current implementation in this beta: the archive name is restricted to use characters from current ANSI codepage.
* ‘Notifications Services’ can now read queries from an external file.
* Added an option to send a mail alert if an error occurs while executing a ‘maintenance query’ from Notifications Services.
* In RESULT tab data can now be sorted by clicking on column headers like already possible in DATA tab. However note the difference as compared to sorting in DATA tab: in DATA tab we will send a SELECT .. ORDER BY .. query to MySQL – in RESULT tab we will sort inside the internal SQLyog data buffer. That means that for strings sorting in RESULT tab does not respect the collation defined for the data. Also all sorting on string values in RESULT tab is currently always case-insensitive (and note: this also applies to binary types: binary, varbinary and BLOB).
* If ’all rows’ option for a table was selected in DATA tab this setting had effect when switching to a table that had never been viewed before. Consequently first selecting ‘all rows’ for a small table and next selecting a huge table could cause system memory exhaustion. This bug was introduced with the table-level row-number persistence in 8.22. Now a table that has never been opened before will be opened first time with the default LIMIT setting.
* When printing from Schema Designer blank sheets could be printed if a table object was positioned close to the border of a page.
* Fixed (yet another) multimonitor issue.